Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Ancient Egyptian Street Market Comes to Life!

What a day! A 3000 year old day! Today we have travelled back in time to ancient Egypt. We created our own money (called Sherang) and made necklaces, bracelets, pyramids and bookmarks all ready to sell in our afternoon street market. Year 3 were the lucky shoppers (armed with a wad of Sherangs) and we are happy to say that everything sold out! Learning focuses for the day included teamwork, measuring skills and solving problems involving money. Working with Cre8us is fantastic! Anyone else like to add a comment Year 6? You can, below...

Sanjay

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Sanj - sounds like a good day :-)

    Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I most liked was when I was selling the neckleces and I had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was selling and making necklaces along with georgia, karys, yasmin, and charlotte tiffany and ciara

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was certainly a very active market! Year 5 would have loved to join in too! I can't wait to find out more about what you have been getting up to with Cre8us, please blog again soon (with some photos of your work!)

    Miss Szyndler

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like it when i was selling the bookmarks and i think year 3 enjoyed it to

    ReplyDelete