Thursday, 31 March 2011

Quick thoughts on our last night...

Sophia: Today we walked the gorge, but we weren't exactly walking, more floating and sitting on our bums through the rapids! When we first got into the water we jumped from a really big height and it was great fun! It felt like you were falling forever!

Leone: Can't believe this week has gone so fast! My favourite activity was the gorge walking. I overcame my fears and threw myself off the bridge. I can't wait to come home but will miss all the fun we've had at Dol y Moch.

Jayden: Today we went beach scrambling and it was really good. We had to climb up the rocks and then along them to get to the end of the rock. Then we ran up lots of slate and everyone slid down. At the end the tide was in and we got Miss Szyndler into the sea - she was soaked!

Jamie: It has been a good experience doing all the activities. I would say the best part was the beach day, and dunking Miss Szyndler in until she drank the water!

Connor: There's been a lot of good activities and I've really enjoyed them. It's been funny and great trying new things.

Noah: My favourite activity was probably the mine because it was a tough challenge and I really felt I was being encouraged by my team. Overall the whole experience was amazing, I really wish I could do it again.

Georgia: Today we went gorge walking and we jumped off a cliff type thing. It was really deep and we had to swim through all the rapids - it was really cold! Then we had to stand on the bridge and fall back off it into the water!

Ross: We designed some art based on Andy Goldsworthy's on the beach. We collected different pebbles in dfferent colours and got into teams to make a pattern out of them. After we shared our art - I thought they were great and it was great fun!

Sanjay: The gorge walk was fantastic! We climbed to the top and travelled through the water, sliding down rocks and jumping into the water. Dol y Moch was great and the meals were amazing!

Abdul: I liked it all! Mr T pushed me into the river! The gorge walking was brilliant - I liked jumping off the bridge and floating in the water.

Nathan: I've found out how to be more indepenent, not needing a parent to help. I've enjoyed working with people I don't normally get to work with. I liked the food, it was delicious!

Dan B: It was better than last year by far! Making volcanoes and lighting the fire and the gorge walk were brilliant. Ed held us backwards and let us fall from the bridge into the river. At first I didn't want to do it because was cold but then I saw Georgia do it and I thought I might as well have a go.

Chas: I think it's a shame we are going home - I'll miss it and hope I come back during secondary school. It was funny when we were canoeing and I fell off whilst pulling Mr Jones' boat to the side!

Ciera Gallagher: Dol y Moch is amazing and the experience has been excellent. All the activities I've done have been really fun and interesting. All together Do; Y Moch has to be the best place I've ever been!

Vikesh: Dol Y Moch is great so far, I'm having a lot of fun. Today we went up the mountain and in a mine. We had to climb inside the mine from level 1 to 5. One bit was really steep and we had to be tied onto a rope. The gorge was my favourite - we got soaked and slid down waterfalls!

No comments:

Post a Comment